Did you join Wealthy Affiliate under the impression that it was the only way to get the training you needed? Have you now finished that training and don’t know why you’re still paying almost $50 a month?
I was a member of Wealthy Affiliate for 2 months and completed all of the training in less than a month and had a couple of pretty nice looking websites. The only problem was, I was still paying almost $50 a month and all I was using was the hosting service.
I didn’t really have a customer service to get in contact with about any training I needed and the founders took days to reply. My only option was to try to get help from other members through live chat or “ask a question” but most of them knew just as much or less than I did.
I was about ready to quit my websites altogether because I couldn’t afford to keep paying $47 every month but then I found out that I could move my websites to another hosting service and pay that much for a whole year!
Don’t quit your websites
You don’t have to pay so much once you get the training you need(and honestly, most of the training can be easily found online for free). Normal hosting services are only a few dollars a month. I signed up for SiteGround and paid just a couple of dollars more for a year of service as I did for a month with Wealthy Affiliate. With SiteGround, I have instant access 24/7 to customer service techs who are actually trained to answer any question that you have. If you’d like to see my review of SiteGround you can click here!
Free Site Migration
With SiteGround, you will get absolutely free Site Migration. I have seen other hosting services offering site migration for $200 so this is a huge saving. The tech guys will literally go into your Wealthy Affiliate account and get your website and all of your files. You won’t lose a thing. Everything will look exactly the same to you and your visitors. You will also have all of the same plugins that you had with Wealthy Affiliate, as well as the same free themes.
Okay, I just want to take a minute to walk you through exactly how everything is going to happen if you transfer your site to SiteGround using their free migration service.
First of all, Do not cancel your Wealthy Affiliate Account yet.
Okay, now the steps:
- Choose a plan and purchase that plan – There are three different plans to choose from. Choose this based on how many websites you have or plan to have and how many visitors you have. Remember that you can always upgrade your plan if you need to handle more traffic in the future.
- Select that you want your site migrated – You will then give them all required information such as login details for your Wealthy Affiliate admin area.
- Wait for an E-Mail from the tech guys – Within about 24 hours your site should be moved over and you will get a message from the tech guys saying that it’s moved and the next steps for you to take.
- Point your domain servers – This sounds intimidating but trust me, it really isn’t. All you need to do is go to where you have your domain(under SiteDomain if purchased directly from Wealthy Affiliate) and click name servers under settings. Under primary name server, you will delete the Wealthy Affiliate code and put in the 1st code that SiteGround gave you in the E-Mail. It will probably look something like this “ns1.us44.siteground.us”. Then for secondary name server, you put in the 2nd code that SiteGround gave you. It will probably look something like this “ns2.us44.siteground.us”.
- Don’t panic! – After pointing your domain servers it can take up to 24 hours to fully propagate. During this time you will not be able to access your account on SiteGround. You can check the status of your DNS by going to WhatsmyDNS.net. You will put in your domain and see a ton of cities and countries. You will also see check marks and Xs next to all of the countries or on the map. Once all of them are checkmarks, your website is done and should be able to be accessed.
- Cancel Wealthy Affiliate – Once everything is transferred over, your domains are pointing at SiteGround, and you have access to your website through SiteGround’s admin area you can cancel your Wealthy Affiliate account. Don’t worry, if you still have your Domains with Wealthy Affiliate you will still be able to access them for 30 days.
- Transfer you Domain name – After you have owned the domain for at least 60 days, you have the option of transferring your domain name to SiteGround so that everything is in one place. Site Ground offers a domain transfer service for $15 which will also give you an additional year of registration. This is a completely optional step.
If you have any questions about the process, Wealthy Affiliate, SiteGround, your website, or anything else do not hesitate to ask me. I would be happy to help you in any way that I can. You can leave me a comment or use my contact form below.